This week’s DVD releases: Arakawa Under the Bridge – Complete Season 2 Collection, Blue Exorcist Definitive Edition Part 2 (blu-ray), Naruto Shippuden Box Set 15, Shangri-La Part 2
- The new upcoming anime from Cowboy Bebop director Shinichiro Watanabe, Space Dandy, will begin airing in January and it has been revealed that Anime Limited have acquired the UK license. This will mean a simulcast over at WAKANIM (with sub AND dub versions) followed by a DVD and blu-ray release some time later in 2014. Have a look at the first promotional video for the series here and the post on the Anime Limited blog here.
- Anime Limited are also currently running a 12 Days of Christmas anime-related giveaway where every day they will post up a picture of a prize and ask a question relating to it – there have been 3 prizes won already so head on over to their Facebook page here to get involved (entries are also accepted via Twitter).
- Following a successful Steam Greenlight campaign the ‘trapformer’ Eryi’s Action from Nyu-Media is now available to purchase. The 2D platformer follows Eryi’s quest to retrieve the delicious melon that was unjustly stolen from her and features fun, challenging and often infuriating traps. Read the Anime Picks review here. Check out the game’s official site here and its steam page here. You can even download a free demo of the game here.
- Namco Bandai have released more DLC for the recently-released Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers. These DLCs are further in-game costumes including Seiya in his Odin Robe, a set of plain clothes costumes and Shun in his Virgo Cloth. These are now available to download on the PSN.
- Square Enix, following their HD release of Final Fantasy VII on PC earlier this year, have now made Final Fantasy VIII available to download on Steam. The Steam version has been optimised to run on new PCs and contains a new ‘Magic Booster’ feature along with the original Chocobo World and a selection of 45 achievements. Check its page on the Steam store here. (You should definitely play this game -Kongming)
- A new English audio trailer has been released for the previously announced Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc on the PSVita. The game will be released in the UK on February 14th – due to its blatant romantic nature – by NIS America. Take a look at the trailer here.
- Preorders for the previously announced Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky for PS3 have now gone live. Any preorders placed through Amazon or GameStop come with the bonus of exclusive in-game costumes. The official site for the game has also now been launched, have a look here. The opening trailer for the game is now available to watch on YouTube so check it out here. The game by TECMO KOEI will be released on March 7th 2014.
- We mentioned back in August that The Witch and the Hundred Knight would be hitting Europe in early 2014, but it has now been revealed that NIS America will be releasing this PS3 title here on March 21st. Again you can head over to the official website here to check out a few screenshots with a full site still to be launched.
- Japanese culture event Hyper Japan has announced its dates for 2014. The next Hyper Japan will be taking place on July 25-27th at Earl’s Court One, London – with more than double the space of the last show – and will feature 3 themed areas: Game & Anime Park, Kawaii Collection and Fringe Market. The Christmas event is also set to take place in November 2014. Take a look at the event summary here.
- Anime-inspired clothing brand mayamada’s Winter 2013 clothing line is now on sale with new t-/sweatshirt designs and colours. Check them out over on the mayamada blog here and in their shop here. They will also be releasing a free comic featuring the origin story of their character Samurai Chef available on Christmas Day on their website in addition to Samurai Chef Volume 1 which is now available on the Amazon Kindle Store here.